GFSC workshops and webinars are designed for professionals: facilitators, consultants, educators, business, organization and community leaders and citizens who use facilitation techniques in their work building organization and community resilience and self-reliance, particularly in difficult and changing times. Please contact us to discuss working with local agencies or organizations in your area.
All workshops are customized to meet the needs of the requesting group. They can vary in length from 1/2 day to to 2 full days (or more), depending on audience and community needs. All workshop participants receive a handbook and documentation of workshop proceedings. Please contact us to discuss working with local agencies or organizations in your area.
Comprehensive Foundational Workshop
Crisis > Change > Choice – Building Personal & Community Resilence
(formerly Facilitative Disaster & Crisis Intervention – DCI).
Click here for more detailed description, including Caring for Caregivers (How to Help the Helpers)
To arrange for a workshop in your area, please contact GFSC.
Upon request. Designed to meet participant/community needs
Examples of previous webinars:
Accentuate the Positive: Changing Negative Self-Talk
facilitated by Izzy Gesell, MS Ed, CSP
- 1-hour webinar presenting tools to break up the internal log jam caused by negativity, helplessness and stress.
- Learn to redirect your self-talk with more confidence, in a positive and effective direction.
Crisis to Resilience: Strategies for Managing Crisis
facilitated by Marieann Shovlin, GFSC and Hina Pendle, US Partners
- Know where you are – the distinct characteristics and objectives of the four stages of recovery
- Know who you’re dealing with – the psychological, social and behavior profiles of people in each stage
- Know what to do – effective interventions and strategies for logistical needs
- Know what NOT to do – prevent unintended consequences and shift ineffective strategies
- Know when to move on – recognize optimal time to transition with an individual or a group